Discipleship & Social Support
a). Quarterly Fellowships:
The foundation of this ministry is to share the love of Christ by ministering spiritually and physically to the neediest families from the slum communities. To this end a key activity of the ministry is fellowship meetings between the beneficiaries of the project, the clergy, PAC and staff of Touch Lives Ministry. These meetings are held every quarter of the year. Activities during fellowships include:
-A word of encouragement from the Clergy
– A facilitated talk or activity by a resource person. These include talks on Christian responsible parenthood, counseling sessions and so on.
– Giving out of food baskets during special days including Easter and Christmas.
– Going over academic reports of the children with their parents/guardians and providing career guidance.
b). Regular Home Visits
We carry out support supervision home visits to each of the registered families to ensure continuity and appreciation of the project interventions. These visits also target to encourage the family in their relationship with God. For example, we look out for evidence / testimonies resulting from;
- Family/individual devotions
- Small group Bible studies or discipleship meetings, especially for all secondary and university/college students
- Attending Sunday services / Scripture Union fellowships for students
- Participation in ministry activity (ies).